Panasonic water purifier - PJ-37MRF & filter (P-31MJRC)

I've been using this water filter for nearly 5 years, and still using it without any problem.

I'm still the kind of consumer who believe cooked water is the best type of drinking water. As I've been inform by many, cooked water retain nutrient that RO water filtration system doesn't.

This simple water filter PJ-37MRF has been doing good job serving me for years.

My experience with it is still pleasant, no need electricity, no messy setup, no issue replacing the catridge. My water supply frequently has strange chemical smell (I have no idea how to identify what material causing the smell) out from the tap water, this water filter has no problem removing the smell. 

Early this year, water supply pipe burst at my neighbour house. Water pipe repair work has caused dirty water flew into my kitchen tap water. I took the chance to compare, and this time I witnessed the magic in person what's this PJ-37MRF does to my water. My kitchen sink has 2 water taps, one without any filtration flowing heavy brownish dirt water and another one, I got very clear water out from this PJ-37MRF. Those are enough to gain myself enough confident to stay with this product.

And now, I would like to recommend this product to consumer like me who don't want to spend thousand of ringgit but still can afford a few hundreds, and now you found Panasonic PJ-37MRF. Judging by its unimpressive look and size, it doesn't suggest tell how much it capable of. If you have the same concern, I hope this make a helpful article for you!

My used catridge

Yes, I'm a stingy consumer!

Why is this matter? Yes, as the label in the picture above remind consumer to replace the catridge as soon as 6-8 months, but what I would only replace it after 1.5years (18 months). Even so, it can still remove water bad smell nicely after the mentioned date above.

Another reason of the delay, it is due to home water source pressure has no problem pushing and flow through the catridge even after long usage, while the pressure still sits between the stated range 70 kPa - 350 kPa. Check its product specification - Panasonic official website.


My dirty (catridge) look

Let's take a closer look at my dirty catridge after 18 months.

If you zoom the following picture, you'll notice sticky jelly-like water left. This is a photo I took not long after I remove this used catridge, that's water left inside the catridge which stuck inside.

As you can see, those tiny pipe-like layer is what Panasonic claimed as "Hollow fiber membrane". It's the last layer of water filtration before the water output.
Water output - facing top (after water filtration)

Sorry about the overexposed photo, I was trying to focus the non-woven fabric inside the hole. Yuck! It's really dirty. Some leftover water leak out from this hole is brownish to dark liquid.
Water input facing bottom (before water filtration)

Middle part of the catridge

By the "dirty look" of the catridge, you can see how much dirt it has collected inside the catridge after months of filtration (Note: First half of this catridge lifespan, it's operated without a whole house water filter beforehand).

Focused part: Middle lower

Focused part: Middle upper


The middle upper part has taken up half the upper catridge size. So from what Panasonic Malaysia advertised, they have 3 levels of filtrations built at the bottom partition. It would be:

Upper layer: Hollow fiber membrane
Lower layer: Non-woven fabric > Granular activated carbon > Powdered activated carbon
Advertised 4 levels of filtration


All in all, Panasonic Malaysia has all what they claimed to have, and they've crammed them into a single small catridge and it does remove water's bad smell and clean your water dirt nicely.



Conclusion, if you believe in cooked water is still the safer drinking water with some important nutrient retained. I would recommend this water purifier for you like how I will continue to use it until I willing to spare more money for UF purifier in the future. Yes, I'm eyeing Panasonic ultrafiltration purifier, hopefully I can make another honest water purifier article about this UF product soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AppleCare+ is not available for Malaysian